Chapter 7: The Gospel that Paul preached.
- Eradicate the idea that forgiveness of sins is a basic teaching.
- So many believers miss it and are defeated by their lack of understanding their forgiveness.
- The power of the Gospel is to live each waking moment having the confidence that all your sins have been forgiven.
- Contrast that with living with a perpetual sense of guilt and condemnation that comes with thinking that when you sin, fellowship with God is broken.
Chapter 7: What did Paul preach?
- The power of the Gospel that Paul preached is found in the forgiveness of all your sins for everyone who believes. Stated in Acts 13:38-39.
- The old covenant was based on justification by works, but the new covenant of grace is based entirely on justification by faith (believing in Jesus Christ).
- The demand is no longer on you, but on Christ.
- All who believe in Jesus receive the forgiveness of all their sins and are justified from all things.
Chapter 7: The Gospel imparts faith.
- The more revelation you get of His finished work, the more you will receive an impartation of faith for any situation, even the seemingly impossible ones.
Chapter 7: Persecution against The Gospel of Grace.
- The Pharisees opposed Jesus’ grace.
- Legalism blinds people.
- Legalistic people have eyes that do not see and ears that do not hear.
- In contrast, those who acknowledge that they were helpless sinners ( the prostitutes, corrupt tax collectors, uncouth fishermen and social outcasts ), did not know the law as the Pharisees did, but they received and welcomed Jesus with joy.
- Jesus did not come to bring us laws and more laws. He came to bring us abundant life through His grace.